If you have been living under a rock, you may have missed the Falcon Heavy launch by Elon Musk with a Tesla car attached to it.
Here are some facts from the Falcon Heavy website:
- Falcon Heavy is the most powerful operational rocket in the world by a factor of two
- Has the ability to lift into orbit nearly 64 metric tons (141,000 lb)—a mass greater than a 737 jetliner loaded with passengers, crew, luggage and fuel
- Its first stage is composed of three Falcon 9 nine-engine cores whose 27 Merlin engines together generate more than 5 million pounds of thrust at liftoff, equal to approximately eighteen 747 aircraft.
- Only the Saturn V moon rocket, last flown in 1973, delivered more payload to orbit.
- Falcon Heavy was designed from the outset to carry humans into space and restores the possibility of flying missions with crew to the Moon or Mars.
Take a look at the video below: